• Access your auto policy documents
Customer Help & Support
How do I open a claim?
You can contact our claims partner, Global Excel Management using the phone number included in your insurance policy or on your wallet card. Due to the scope of this event, claims and assistance companies are experiencing a high volume of calls.
In order to prioritize customers who are experiencing a medical emergency, if you need to open a claim for Trip Cancellation and Interruption you may also open your claim online through Global Excel Management’s claim portal.
Click “Notify us of a Claim” on the top right of the page and the website will guide you through the submission process.
- Customers can also call 1-800-709-3420 though we are experiencing extremely high call volumes and long wait times, and need to prioritize members who are experiencing a medical emergency.
- Please note that claims are supposed to be opened within 24 hours of an insured risk occurring. Due to the high volume of calls, the timeline to submit claims had previously been extended to May 15th. We are further extending this deadline, but encourage customers to initiate claims as soon as possible.
- If you wish to delay cancelling a future trip, you are strongly encouraged to validate the payment schedule, cancellation penalties and terms with your travel supplier.
- Please note that your policy will only cover amounts which were non-refundable and non-transferrable when the insurable event which caused the trip to be cancelled or interrupted occurred. For many people this would be March 13th when the global travel advisory was issued Additional payments made after this date as well as any increase in cancellation penalties will not be covered.
- From the time a claim is opened, there are 90 days to provide all supporting documentation.
Did that answer your question?