What information should I collect if I have a car accident?
Once everyone is safe, you'll need to write down some basic information.
- Driver's licence numbers
- Address and phone number for other driver(s)
- Car license plate number(s), including year and province
- Make, model, year of all vehicles
- Name and address of vehicle owner(s)
- Other owner/driver's insurance company and policy number
- Your speed
- Other driver's speed (for each vehicle)
- Weather conditions
- Road conditions
- Number of passengers in each vehicle
- Damage to vehicles
Service Specialists are available 24/7 at 1.800.804.0087 to help with your claim.
Have other questions about your auto insurance? Customers can review their policy and more, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, via our online self-service tool.
Did that answer your question?
Auto Insurance topics