• Access your auto policy documents
Customer Help & Support
What should I do if I am involved in a car accident?
Being involved in a car accident can be a stressful experience. Here are some helpful tips to guide you through what you should do after an accident:
- Remain calm and move your vehicle to a safe place if possible.
- Ensure that you and anyone else involved are ok.
- If necessary, call the police and note down the events of the accident. A police report is required in the following circumstances:
- There is an injury
- The damage exceeds $2,000
- Public property is damaged (e.g. a pole, fence, lamp post, road sign, or tree).
- Document details of the accident for your records. The more information you provide, the easier it will be to process your claim.
- Report your claim to us as soon as possible. Submit your claim online using our secure Claims PointTM portal, or call 1-800-804-008 to speak to a claims representative. We're available 24/7.
Did that answer your question?