Does my home policy insure against claims arising from my rental to others?

Yes, you are insured against liability arising from your rental to others if:

  • You are renting out a portion of your dwelling which you usually occupy as part of your own private residence as long as no unit includes more than 2 roomers or boarders excluding short-term rentals.
  • You are occasionally renting out a part of your home you normally live in

You need to advise your Specialist about any rental arrangements to ensure that you have the protection that you need. You should advise if any change in those arrangements.

Did that answer your question?

By accessing and browsing this Website, visitors accept, without limitation or qualification, the terms and conditions (*Terms of use).