Do I need insurance if I live in a condominium?

Condominium owners need insurance. Condo insurance is recommended to provide protection for both personal property and liability. 

The Condominium Corporation has its own insurance that covers incidents outside of your personal unit that typically covers the building and common areas. Only you can insure your unit improvements, personal property and liability.

Condo insurance includes:

  • Loss or damage of your contents and personal property
  • Additional living expenses if you have to move out of your unit because of an insured loss
  • Personal liability coverage
  • Unit Improvements and Betterments
  • Loss Assessment (covers your share of any assessment by the condo corporation because of an insured loss or damage to the common areas of the condo building, e.g. the lobby, elevator)
  • Unit Additional Protection (covers your unit itself in case the condo corporation does not have adequate insurance that will fully cover a loss to your unit)

Please connect with us to ensure that you have adequate coverage to protect you and your family.

Did that answer your question?

By accessing and browsing this Website, visitors accept, without limitation or qualification, the terms and conditions (*Terms of use).