How do I add or replace a car on my policy?
Adding or replacing a car on your policy is easy! Here are a couple of things we'll need from you when you contact us:
- Your policy number
- The date in which you require coverage
- Your vehicles VIN (17 character code serial number)
- The vehicles purchase date and price
- The name and address of the company handling your lease or financing (if applicable). Please note, this will not be the dealership you purchased your car from.
- Licence information for any new drivers. Learn more about how to add another driver to your policy.
If you're from one of the below provinces, we'll also need:
- Ontario - A Safety Standards Certificate, which is less than 37 days old. You'll only need this if your vehicle is 15 years or older, or valued at less than $2000.
- Alberta - A Vehicle Inspection Report if your vehicle is 12 years or older.
- Atlantic Provinces - Depending on your circumstances, a Motor Vehicle Inspection may be requested.
Did that answer your question?
Auto Insurance topics