How to find my VIN or serial number?
A Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) (also known as a serial number) is a 17 character code of letters and numbers that identifies your vehicle. You can find your VIN in several places:
- On top of the dashboard on the driver’s side
- Inside the driver’s side door
- On forms such as your bill of sale, registration card, and/or vehicle permit
When you are entering your VIN, keep in mind the following:
- A VIN never has the letters I, O, or Q
- The last five characters will always be numbers
Some characters may look similar, such as: S & 5, D & 0, B & 8, G & 6, U & V, Z & 2
Customers can review their insured vehicles, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, via our online self-service tool – click here to get started.
Did that answer your question?
Auto Insurance topics