• Access your auto policy documents
Customer Help & Support
Will my pre-existing medical condition affect my eligibility and coverage?
Our policy provides coverage for pre-existing medical conditions as long as the stability requirement, specific to your policy, is met prior to booking your trip, for trip cancellation, or prior to your date of departure, for medical coverage and trip interruption and delay. In most cases, MEDOC requires 90 days of stability for all pre-existing conditions. For additional information about the stability requirement specific to your policy, please speak to one of our agents.
Stable means any medical condition or related condition (including any heart condition and/or lung condition), other than a minor ailment, for which all of the following statements are true:
- there has been no new diagnosis, new treatment or new prescribed medication;
- there has been no change in treatment or change in prescribed medication (including the amount of medication to be taken, how often it is to be taken, the type of medication or changes in treatment frequency or type); Exception: i) the routine adjustment of Coumadin or Warfarin, insulin or oral medications to control diabetes, (as long as it is not newly prescribed or stopped); or ii) a change from a brand name medication to a generic brand medication (provided the dosage is not modified);
- there has been no new symptom, more frequent symptom or more severe symptom experienced;
- there has been no test result showing a deterioration;
- there has been no hospitalization or referral to a specialist (made or recommended) and there is no further investigation for which results are pending.
Did that answer your question?