How do I make a home insurance claim?
Before starting a claim, please:
- make sure your property is safe and secure and you've prevented any further damage if you can (e.g. if safe, turn off water and electricity if a pipe has burst)
- call the police if there has been any theft or attempted theft, break-in or vandalism to your home
- take pictures if you can
- keep any damaged goods
Ready to make your claim?
- Contact your Service Specialist and let them know about the loss. You'll need to supply information about:
- the circumstances
- what was lost or damaged
- We'll assign a Claims Adjuster (at no cost to you) to coordinate the claim with you.
- If needed, we can help you get temporary repairs made to prevent further damage and get life back to normal as soon as possible.