• Access your auto policy documents
Customer Help & Support
When should I buy home insurance?
For home and condominium owners, you'll need insurance as soon as you become legally responsible for the property - even if it's still under construction. If you do not plan to move in to the property immediately it is important to note that vacant buildings are not usually insured for more than 30 days.
Tenants also need insurance. Even if you don’t own the home you live in, there are several important reasons to have insurance:
- Coverage for the loss or damage of your contents and personal property
- Coverage for additional living expenses if you have to move out of your rental because of an insured loss
- Personal liability coverage
- Coverage for dwelling improvements and betterments made by you or acquired at your expense
Tenant insurance is relatively inexpensive. It protects your contents and your legal obligations to visitors and the owner of the home.
Please connect with us to ensure that you have adequate coverage to protect you and your family.
Did that answer your question?