• Access your auto policy documents
Customer Help & Support
Home maintenance tips
You can take some simple steps to avoid damage and claims. Prevention is much easier than fixing an issue, so it's worth taking action to:
- Get your furnace and heating system serviced regularly by a qualified servicer.
- Make sure your sump pump and line are working properly (not blocked or leaking)
- Keep your doors closing and locking securely, make sure they are easily accessed and open easily if needed; replace weather-stripping when needed
- Make sure any doors from the house to the garage self-close completely
- Cover outside of air conditioning units
- Clean leaves from eavestroughs, roofs and downspouts and make sure water drains properly
- Check chimneys for obstructions
- Drain and store outside hoses; close the water supply and drain the exterior faucet each autumn
- Store outdoor furniture, bbqs, etc. securely for winter
Did that answer your question?