• Access your auto policy documents
Customer Help & Support
How do I choose the right coverage?
There are two groups of coverage for your vehicle – mandatory coverage and optional coverage.
Customers can review their coverages, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, via our online self-service tool – click here to get started.
Mandatory types of coverage that are required by law:
- Third Party Liability Coverage
- Statutory Accident Benefits Coverage (in most provinces)
- Uninsured Automobile Coverage
- Direct Compensation - Property Damage (DC-PD) Coverage (in most provinces)
Optional types of coverage include:
- Optional Increased Accident Benefits Coverage (in most provinces)
- Waiver of Depreciation
- Rental Car Coverage (Liability to Damage to Non-Owned Automobiles)
- Accident Forgiveness
- Loss of Use Coverage
You are not required by law to purchase insurance to cover damages to your vehicle. But, if you have a newer vehicle, you may want to protect your investment with Comprehensive Coverage and/or Collision Coverage. If you're leasing or financing your vehicle, it will be required by your leasing company or bank that you insure your vehicle for both Collision and Comprehensive coverage.
Another popular service you can add to your policy is Roadside Assistance.
At Johnson we work with you to offer choices and flexibility. Optional coverages and added services allow you to customize your policy to best protect you and your family.
Did that answer your question?